Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS)
Using a DPS you can search using a range of criteria to identify suitable suppliers. Once you have identified a list of suppliers you can then run a further competition.
Take a look at the DPSs we currently offer.
How to buy
- Register as a buyer and view the available DPS agreements
- Run a competition among eligible suppliers against your criteria and contract.
- A range of goods and services in flexible markets
- Requirements that can be fulfilled by small suppliers.
Not appropriate for:
- Direct award or catalogue requirements
- Immediate delivery.
Whatever individual suppliers can support, including:
- Purchase order
- Debit, credit or ePCS cards
- Your in-house payment process.
Who can use
Anyone authorised to access the DPS Marketplace as a public sector buyer on behalf of your organisation.
Time to supply
- Depends on service/product
- Simple requirements can be quoted within 10 days.
- Suppliers are able to apply to join at any point, increasing the range of competition through the life of the DPS
- Unlimited numbers of suppliers and unrestricted access to smaller suppliers
- A DPS is not limited to a maximum term of four years
- You can filter by different requirements to find suppliers to complete your requirement
- You can shape your competition, contract type and terms (within limits)
- Suppliers self-certify making joining quick and simple.
- Purchase by further competition only. Direct award not permitted
- You have to check supplier credentials before awarding a contract.