Using aggregation, also known as bulk buying, CCS can get a highly competitive price and favourable terms from suppliers, when more customers need the same, or similar, products and services.
Aggregation brings customers together to get savings through increased buying power. This benefits all customers who get involved.
Joining one of our aggregated procurements (national further competitions or NFCs) will save you time, as well as money because we run the procurement for you, so there is very little administration for you to deal with.
Our aim is to make sure all our customers get great value for money and benefit from our commercial expertise.
Aggregation opportunities are simple to join as the procurement is run for you.
How to buy
- give us details about what you need, such as a description of the product and/or service, volumes and timescales
- we will find all scheduled aggregation opportunities which are appropriate for you to join
- we have many opportunities to join an aggregated procurement
- most common goods and services, or a specific need that can be combined with other public sector organisations
- needs that are in the scope of current agreements
- no specific deadline. It can take some time to get enough customers together to get the best savings
Not appropriate for:
- complex needs
- services unique to a single buyer
- urgent timeline. Buying from a direct catalogue may be quicker
This will differ depending on the framework you are using
Who can use
Anyone who is eligible to use CCS frameworks.
Time to supply
Aggregation opportunities (National Further Competitions) are advertised and open for customers to join about 8 weeks before the tender is published.
Once the tender is published, it takes about 6 to 8 weeks for the procurement process to be awarded.
After this, with support from the aggregation team, your orders can be submitted to the winning supplier.
These timelines may vary depending on the size and complexity of the procurement.
- combined buying power to get the best prices
- simple tender procedure using standard processes and documents that comply with public procurement regulations
- CCS manage the process for you, free of charge
- reduces bidder costs
- takes time to get a big enough group of customers together to get bigger savings